Lap Band Los Angeles
The LapBand® and Gastric Balloon are the safest and most effective weight loss gastric procedures available today!
Lap Band Los Angeles
Dr. Davtyan has offices in many cities within Los Angeles County. Please visit our contact page to find the nearest location and to make an appointment for your free Lap-Band surgery consultation in Los Angeles.
What Makes Our Los Angeles Lap-Band Team Unique?
Our success is based on our partnership with our patients to create the winning team. Because of Dr. Davtyan’s personal experience with obesity and overcoming it with the help of the LAP-BAND, we have a profound sense of compassion and empathy for our patients. We also identify with their dreams and strive together to achieve most optimal results by utilizing most sophisticated technology and our highest level of expertise.
Dr. Davtyan is Board Certified by the American Board of Bariatric Medicine, thus he firmly believes in comprehensive management of excess weight. Consequently, we always have a team approach collaborating with numerous experts in related sub-specialties to ensure complete and thorough pre-operative evaluations and safe and successful post-operative recovery. To ensure best outcomes, we offer our patients easy and frequent access to our numerous clinics for close and attentive follow-ups.
- Exceptional experience since 2001 with hundreds of successful procedures exclusively performed by Dr. Davtyan.
- Dr. Davtyan is the first surgeon in California to perform the Lap-Band procedure at an outpatient surgery center.
- We also offer Sleeve Gastrectomy and Single-incision Laparoscopic surgery (SILS).
- Gastric Banding is approved by most PPO and POS insurances as well as self-insured organizations, and trade union insurances.
- Some of the PPO/POS insurances that cover gastric banding include Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Great West, Aetna, Guardian and many others. These cases are performed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and/or approved surgery centers.
- We also perform the LapBand® procedure for select Medicare patients based on their health and risk/benefit ratio at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- To achieve best outcomes we assist our patients by offering them complimentary consultation and follow-ups, comprehensive weight loss programs such as diet regimens, recipes, medications, online support system, nutritional counseling, exercise programs, new lifestyle coaching, amongst other benefits.
- To help our patients reach their weight loss goals we provide attractive financing with no money down and low monthly payments.
- For patients who have reached their weight loss goals we also provide cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, abdominoplasty (“tummy-tuck”), brachioplasty (“arm-tuck”), thighplasty (“thigh lift”) and total body lift based on the patients needs.
David G. Davtyan M.D., FACS, FICS
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Bariatric MedicineDr. Davtyan’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Davtyan’s Lap-Band System Articles
- The least invasive surgical option
- No intestinal rerouting
- No cutting or stapling of the stomach wall or bowel
- Average operative time of 1 hour
- Reduced patient pain, hospital stay and recovery period
Less Risk of Complications
- Fewer peri- and post-operative complications
- Lower mortality risk than more invasive obesity surgery procedures
Fewer Side Effects
- No protein or vitamin malabsorption
- No diarrhea
- No “dumping syndrome” as in gastric bypass
- Allows individualized band size for ideal long-term weight loss rate
- Adjustments performed without additional surgery in doctor’s office
- Supports pregnancy by allowing band opening to facilitate increased nutritional needs
- Removable at any time
- Stomach and other organs anatomy are restored to their original forms and functions
Effective Long-Term Weight Loss
- More than 300,000 cases performed worldwide
- More than 500 publications
- Academic publications with up to 7 years of follow-up
Additional Lap-Band Resources
Free Lap-Band insurance verification
Zero down financing