Orbera Gastric Balloon Procedure
- Placement and removal of ORBERA™ gastric balloon
- Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, it is deflated first then removed
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
- On average patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
After six months with the ORBERA™ two-part program, people lost an average 3.1 times the weight patients lost with diet & exercise alone. Hence, ORBERA™ gastric balloon is proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed. A more than 20 year history of helping more than 220,000 people lose weight, ORBERA™ balloons have been supplied worldwide in over 80 countries and now available in Los Angeles, CA by one of the earliest ORBERA™ gastric balloon certified doctors in LA, Dr. David Davtyan, M.D., FACS, FICS. Finally, with the FDA approval of ORBERA™, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option for obesity.
*The results of this procedure are not guaranteed as they may vary from patient to patient.
continue to Orbera Gastric Balloon Information